Interior designing is the art or job of choosing colors, furniture, and carpets etc to decorate the inside of a house. It is the concept of enhancing the interior of a building to achieve a healthier and more aesthetically pleasing environment for the people using that space.
In one line interior designer is someone who plans, researches, co ordinates and manages such enhancements projects.
Steps to becoming an interior designer:
• Professional education i.e Interior Design Courses are must for this field.
• Should be handy with software like AutoCad, 3Dsmax, Sketchup+Vray.
• Complete basic internship period.
• Gain experience in the particular field for minimum 2 years.
Things we get to learn in Interior designing.
• Color theory.
• Fabrics and furniture styles .
• Wall and floor treatment.
• Design,trends and history.
• Measuring and drafting.
• Drawing a floor plan.
• Portfolio Development.
• How to work according to the necessity of the client.
Best Interior Design institute in India
The interior design industry has witnessed some remarkable growth. The need for interior Designers increasing day by day. Indian Institute of Fashion and design (IIFD) is the best institute in Chandigarh. IIFD provides multidisciplinary learning in every module that are specifically designed to provide experience based learning that helps students to develop practical skills.
The courses being provided are as follows:
• Diploma(After 10) – 2 Years
• Diploma (After +2) – 1/2 Years
• B.Sc Interior design – 3 Years
• Advance Diploma – 1/2 Years
• Masters I.D(M.F.A,M.sc) – 2 Years
• MBA Interior Designing – 2 Years
Pursuing Interior designing in India is really worth it as a career?
Interior Designing is one of the best career option to pursue. This profession helps to express your creativity and imagination via your brilliant work. In a developing country like India, the demand for real estate projects is growing day by day . As a result the demand for Interior designers has also increased.
You can consider this as an artifact science that focuses on enhancing the functionality and aesthetics of any place which makes it more comfortable and attractive for future use.