B.Sc. in Fashion Design
In B.Sc. in Fashion Design undergraduate program students will and undertake and exploratory and diagnostic study introducing the students to the potential scope of the fashion industry and highlighting possible feature career choice. A logical sequential and on experience enables students to conceptualize design, make pattern, drape and construct garments and fabric embellishments, considering quality of international standards. IIFD also offer three month internship towards the end of the course.
B.Sc. in Fashion Design
“In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.”
|Name||B.Sc. in Fashion Design||Library|Notes||Yes|
|Duration||3 Years||Lab Classes||Yes|
|Eligibility||+2 or Equivalent Course.||Special Batches||Yes|
B.Sc. in Fashion Design will introduce the specialized subject areas of the curriculum allowing one to experience the breath of opportunities before focusing on the specific discipline. The one-to-one approach allows them to develop their own creative universe and being versatile to different styles. The importance of balancing hand-making and digital skills with an integrated approach to design, honing the techniques as they refine their creative vision.
- Apparel Design (Necklines, Sleeves, Collars, Casual Wear)
- Fashion Art & Design (Croqui drawing, flashing, rendering)
- Basic Design (Development of design using basic elements)
- Life drawing (Live model sketching, Outdoor sketching & 3D modeling)
- History of Art (Past & Present scenario of art)
- Element of Design (Principles and elements of visual design)
- Introduction to colors (Color development and color schemes)
- Art Appreciation (understanding of universal art and its flourishing)
- Computer Application (Basic knowledge of computer MS office)
- Portfolio & Project work
The second-year focuses on areas like surface development, design idea, formal and workwear outfits; Besides academics, co-curricular activities like market surveys, visit fairs and exhibition increases the practical knowledge of students. The scholars also acquire knowledge about the global fashion scenario and the evolution of the fashion system over a period of time.
- Fashion Drawing
- Illustration figure drawing (Male figure drawing, accessories)
- Surface Ornamentation (Zari work, traditional sequence work, etc.)
- Garment Manufacturing process (Structured garments, evening wear)
- Pattern Making (Dart manipulations, styles, yokes)
- Textiles (Textile manufacturing process, fiber, and yarns)
- Design survey (Designing according to body types)
- CAD Design (Computer-Aided Design)
- Color Theory & Behaviour (Color psychology, color combinations, etc.)
- History Of Indian fashion. (Regional costumes - states)
- Fashion merchandising & management (Product promotion, advertising, fashion marketing, accounts execution)
- Portfolio & Project work.
By the final year, one is capable to work on the self-initiated final collection which will culminate in the development of students' progression and making them capable to enter the fashion industry as a professional. The goal of this innovative practical programme is to provide the knowledge and skills to work as a designer with confidence and pride. Implementation of practical & technical skills can be seen by the individual's debut collection at the fashion show held annually.
- Draping & Pattern Making.
- Fashion art & Design (Sustainable design, Garment makeover)
- Textile Fundamentals (textile finishes, yarns, different weavers)
- Pattern grading (pattern size variation)
- Illustrations (Stylized croquis, theme based collection )
- Advance colour
- Computer Graphics & Digital fashion.
- Quality control management
- Retail management & Visual Merchandising
- World Costume (evolution of fashion over various eras)
- Portfolio & Project work (Development of portfolio & Samples) NOTE: The above said curriculum details are just the indicative outline. Kindly get in touch with the academic counselor for more details.
What our Students are doing?
We at IIFD, look forward to build career instead a one time job for your students. With our 100% Placements Assistance you can see yourself as a
- Fashion Designers
- Costume Designers
- Trend Forecaster
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Influencers
- Associate Designer
- Line Coordinator
- On fashion label / Fashion entrepreneur
- Stylist, Pattern Maker. Production Manager