Interior designing is an art and science of enhancing the interiors so with the flair and creativity this career field also demands a little bit of science. Interior designers work hard for making functional and aesthetically pleasing interiors of commercial and residential projects. If you have creativity and passion for designing you may take admission in interior designing institutes. You will get a chance to enhance your creativity and learn the basic principles and elements of designing. Here is the list of seven elements of interior design, that is used in every interior design plan –
- Space – Space means the physical boundaries of a room, known as the foundation and heart of every design. Designers play an important role in planning the use of the existing space of the interiors. A place that is filled with the furniture or decors is referred to as positive space and an empty space is known as the negative space.
- Line – Interior designers use various kinds of lines to outline any interior design plan. Like the horizontal, vertical and dynamic lines are used to plan the work. Lines are the visual guides of the interior space as they lead to various kinds of shapes and establish a sense of harmony, contrast and unity. These are the three out of the seven principles of designing. If you are eager to know about other principles and techniques of designing, you may join IIFD, one of the best interior design institutes in Chandigarh.
- Forms – Generally forms refer to the shapes or a 3-D object used in the interior. Forms can be made of the other elements like the colour, texture and patterns. Open forms are those that can be looked into and closed forms are enclosed by the closed surface.
- Colour – Colours are very important in interiors, they establish a connection and set the ambience and mood. It is also helpful in highlighting a particular texture or pattern in interior space. They must be chosen based on the mind-set, psychology and choice of the client. Interior designers should know the classification and characteristics of the colours to plan the design and select the colour. You can study more about colours while pursuing interior designing courses.
- Texture – In interior designs walls, pillow covers, bed sheets, carpets everything has a texture. It refers to both feel and looks of the surface of any object. Only visible texture is known as the visual texture and actual texture can be both seen and felt.
- Pattern – It is created by using repetitive designs in fabrics, tiles, rugs and painting in interior designing. They add the element of continuity and transition in a living space. A pattern should be decided according to the size and shape of the room.
- Light – Without light other elements are of no use, according to the functionality of interior space the designers decide the lighting of a room. It can be man-made or natural lighting. It sets the mood and ambience of living spaces and highlights the other elements.
These are the basic elements of interior designing that are used in various ways to create a design. But just knowing the name of elements is not enough, if you want to become an interior designer you will have to study the use of each element. If you are looking for an interior design college in Chandigarh, you can take admission in IIFD an award-winning institute. You will get the proper guidance to become an interior designer and achieve your professional goal.