Do you find decorating rooms and kitchens easy? Are you looking forward to choosing interior design as a career? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you are on the right page. If you want to adopt interior design as a job profile, then there is a need to learn about terms like fixing lighting, fittings, furnishing, developing new structures, designing spaces, etc.
To survive in this competitive industry, you will need the right qualification. No matter whether you have done an undergraduate study or have a master’s degree, you will need to check the required credentials needed.
In this small guide, we are giving you a glimpse of the best interior design courses so that you can have an idea regarding the same.
INTERIOR DESIGNING COURSE – THE MULTIPLE OPTIONS
To make it easy for people who are engaged in other commitments, there is also the availability of online short courses in interior design. In the online course, you will get to learn about the following subjects.
• Concept Of Kitchen Designing
• Store Layout And Visual Merchandising
• CAD For Beginners – Interior Design
• Advanced C.A.D – Interior Design
Under the segment, you will get to learn about things like presentation techniques and design visualization.
• Diploma course duration is one year for graduates.
• If you have done +2 or an equivalent qualification, then the duration will increase to 2 years.
There is the availability of library notes, Lab classes, and special batches in this.
Advanced Diploma Programs:
Under this, you will learn about aesthetics, marketing, function, marketability, manufacturing, and construction of products.
• Advance Diploma course is 1 to 2 years, depending on your qualification.
• You will need graduation or an equivalent degree to qualify for this program.
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
Also known as Bachelor of Interior Design, this program is for students who have done +2 or equivalent courses.
• Bachelor Degree course duration is 3 years.
• You will learn about CAD, graphic designing, display and design software, 3D design and space management, etc.
Post Graduate Degree Programs:
Having a master’s degree in interior design is not that essential but you will definitely enhance your industry knowledge along with expanding your overall contacts.
If you are looking forward to the postgraduate degree program, then you will get three options under this category.
• Post Graduate Degree includes M.Sc., MFA, and MBA in interior designing.
• All of these segments support duration of 2 years or 24 months.
• You will be eligible for this program if you have done a Graduation or an equivalent degree.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERIOR DESIGNER:
• Prominent Business Sense
• Project Management Abilities
• Good Communication Skills
• Creative Approach
• Budget Management Skills
• Leadership Qualities
If you are one of those who are looking forward to selecting interior designing as a career, then this small guide on qualifications and requirements will help you get some ideas related to the same. Hopefully, this helps!