Fashion design is certainly the most attractive career option for people with a creative bent of mind. And why shouldn’t it be? It is highly lucrative, it values creativity and allows you to continuously evolve and explore your potential. While it takes a lot of persistence, determination and an imaginative mind to be a professional fashion designer, that is not all! Practically speaking, the career path of becoming a fashion designer is a continuous journey of gaining the right exposure and experience through Fashion design colleges.
Here is a step-by-step overview of all the stages involved in becoming a fashion designer.
- Education qualifications- Getting a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in fashion design is a prerequisite to becoming a fashion designer. Lakhs of students prepare for entrance tests after completing 12th to get admission in the top Fashion design colleges in India. Fashion designing courses seek to tap the potential in creative minds and help them discover their unique styles and inspirations.
- Preparing a Fashion portfolio-The quality and uniqueness of your digital portfolio speak volumes about your creativity as a fashion designer. You should start preparing your fashion portfolio as soon as you get enrolled in Fashion design college consisting of all of your sketches, collections and prototypes. Your fashion portfolio is a ticket to all further job interviews and admissions.
- Internships-Internships carry the twin benefit of giving you a first-hand experience of the fashion industry while simultaneously building your resume. While internships might not be an attractive alternative when it comes to salaries. But they will definitely help you boost your confidence, increase your skill set and learn a plethora of valuable things about the fashion industry and its functioning. Most students join internships while they’re completing their courses or after they have finished their Fashion Designing courses.
- Building networks- Fashion designers are required to have entrepreneurial and communication skills to get in touch with various fashion avenues, shows, clients, and designers to start building a strong foothold in the market.
- Stay in touch with trends and designs- Fashion designers are supposed to have deep insights into the latest trends going on in the industry. By reading fashion journals and attending fashion shows you can foresee upcoming trends and allow yourself to seek inspiration from the present designs.
Fashion designing courses offer wide opportunities and exposure to every person seeking to be a professional fashion designer. Turn your dream into a reality by enrolling in a Fashion Designing College In India and entering into the glamorous world of fashion designing.